introductions

just introducing myself, name is brenton, live in brisbane, obviously just getting started on this site.

hunt with rifles but am very keen to get some exposure to hunting with dogs, have no dogs of my own yet but am keen to get some. so any advice on dog breeds / hunting with dogs or if you got a spare seat on a trip would be awesome

cheers

welcome brenton........whereabouts in brizzy u from mate???

just got my own house in boondall on the north side

previous to that living with parents (which restricted my activities somewhat in this arena)

and did a stint working in mission beach NQ

which is probably where the interest has come from, pigs everywhere up there

and heaps of people i meet were all into it

definately want head back up that way to live permenately in the not to distant future

G,day welcome to the forum!, Im new to hunting with dogs aswell, I just got myself a red cattle pup, i chose that cause alot of people said to me they are a good starting dog and easy to train soo yeah..What type of dog or dogs are you thinking of getting??

Cheers, Goose (Jony)

had been considering a couple of ridgebacks but the more i think about it and investigate the more options open up with different breeds and cross breeds

most importantly cause i live in suburbia i want dogs that will take to being sociallised with kids and other dogs, i know it has alot to do with training and how they are treated, and i feel that i can look after that but its the training on the accual hunting that i will be looking for so guidance when i get them

when we are in the bush and the guard goes on its time to work

so for the time being im just going to keep exploring my options as to the type of dog

and just pick up what i can from other people