New To Hunting

Just say gday,

New to hunting and got two young dogs i been walking through the scrub around the outskirts of darwin for fitness and stumbled onto a couple of boars now. Looking for info on hunting with dogs and keen to teach them the trade. After sportsfishing for the last 25 years im keen to learn a new sport and i think after the last couple of walks with my pup's i may have found it.

The dogs are a male "JETT"10mths, Mastiff x Arab & a bitch "Sage" Ridgeback/Dane x Mastiff 6mths.

Cheers steele

Cheers lads,

No glory this morning on the swines but probably still a bit wet up here maybe?? Found plenty of sign albeit a bit old but had a great walk all the same. First time the dogs have walked with chest plates, didn't bother them.

Might get some pictures up of the dogs and the ground i been walking over the weekend.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

G'day mate, welcome to the site!

Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they're not there! Even the big bastards can hide bloody well. With a few more numbers into your dogs they will soon start smelling them out for you making life even easier. The wet is usually a good thing for pigs. Where there's water there's pigs. Sounds like you're in the right area for it anyhow. Good luck with it all.