My Young Dog

Hi,

Well my dog is now comming up 18 months old. He is a Catahoula, He mainly bails and he will lugg under 60kg when he has back up. He began finding solo at 10 months on odd occoasions and now ute finds. But I was curious to know if any dogs usuall or occasionally hold/lugg over the back of the neck, just behing the ears, just before they get a real hold of the ear. My dog does this and he got bruised up and a few puntures to the somatch last time. He will bail solo but its when he is in a group he lugs causing this to happen. I was wondering if many other younger dogs do this and if he may grow out of it?

He is the large red leopard male in the center. The other two are cats as well...

post-14004-018996700 1328440163_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ardina

Hi,

Well my dog is now comming up 18 months old. He is a Catahoula, and I trained him from the start. He uses the natural ability he got to bail and he will lugg under 60kg when he has back up. He began finding solo at 10 months on odd occoasions and now has susesfully ute found. But I was curious to know if any dogs usuall or occasionally hold/lugg over the back of the neck, just behing the ears, just before they get a real hold of the ear. My dog dose this and he got bruised up and a few puntures to the somatch last time. He will bail solo but its when he is in a group he luggs liek this. I was wondering if many other younger dogs do this and if he may grow out of it.

He is the large red leopard male in the center. The other two are pure cats also.

yes mate one of my best dogs many years ago was astrate x pure rotyy x pure rij back,,,,,he was abiuty,, he never hold ear ,,every time l got to him and pig he had it by the back of neck even spotliteing around berk l would see himm senting flat out even thow he would see the pig then cach up hold neck ,then the pitys would cach up and it was on ,,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,,,,,an we did get some razzers, hair sticking up on ther back like ker dog mad as flick some times not so big but mad ,, cose ther allways hungery suvivers but we could tell ther old cose of the size of tusks,and the way they fite, they will take adogs eyes out befor ripping in to dog,,so true,,,,,,micl,,,

yes mate one of my best dogs many years ago was astrate x pure rotyy x pure rij back,,,,,he was abiuty,, he never hold ear ,,every time l got to him and pig he had it by the back of neck even spotliteing around berk l would see himm senting flat out even thow he would see the pig then cach up hold neck ,then the pitys would cach up and it was on ,,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,,,,,an we did get some razzers, hair sticking up on ther back like ker dog mad as flick some times not so big but mad ,, cose ther allways hungery suvivers but we could tell ther old cose of the size of tusks,and the way they fite, they will take adogs eyes out befor ripping in to dog,,so true,,,,,,micl,,,

Yes,

It seems that personaly I have't seen this much, glad to know he isn't the only one. He mainly uses it in a way to stop the pig and wait for back up, thanks. Awesome sounding dog!

he is a mean looking dog for a cat! looks solid!

Yeah,

He is solid, but no more than your large average male Catahoulas. It his ears that are the only differnce. They are folded back from where you can see his cheeks making him appear larger. The bridle is a currant female four years old, and the blue leopard is 11 months, auscat of a close friends. the red male here, Copper, is a first strkie Cat cross currant cat. The male blue male with develop the same size as my dog most likey. I have another male tan catahoula who is only a bit smaller than my red leopard, he is amazing on cattle, hard dog, will hang off the rougher ones, and dosen't bark when working.

Copper, the red lopard male cat of mine, has a stronger ability to find compared to the other two cats. Although he has alot more pigs under his belt, and he in harder. He dosen't run around the pig too much. He gets right up in its face and dosen't let it move, while the other two seen in the previous picture back him up alot, running around.

Here is a picture of my Tan cat and my Red lopard cat at 11 months.

post-14004-036877500 1328508547_thumb.jpg

Yes,

It seems that personaly I have't seen this much, glad to know he isn't the only one. He mainly uses it in a way to stop the pig and wait for back up, thanks. Awesome sounding dog!

its k,,,micl

Yeah,

He is solid, but no more than your large average male Catahoulas. It his ears that are the only differnce. They are folded back from where you can see his cheeks making him appear larger. The bridle is a currant female four years old, and the blue leopard is 11 months, auscat of a close friends. the red male here, Copper, is a first strkie Cat cross currant cat. The male blue male with develop the same size as my dog most likey. I have another male tan catahoula who is only a bit smaller than my red leopard, he is amazing on cattle, hard dog, will hang off the rougher ones, and dosen't bark when working.

Copper, the red lopard male cat of mine, has a stronger ability to find compared to the other two cats. Although he has alot more pigs under his belt, and he in harder. He dosen't run around the pig too much. He gets right up in its face and dosen't let it move, while the other two seen in the previous picture back him up alot, running around.

Here is a picture of my Tan cat and my Red lopard cat at 11 months.

nice dogs acsaly ,,,,micl

Thanks guys for the welcome, and kierangesler thats true it may be a domination thing, I belive he will grow out of it. His father was a lugger and would occasionaly bail if he was on his own if it were to big for him. its just a way of stopping the pig and waiting for bak up at this point I belive.

Dont no how much truth is in it mate but ive been told that its a do mination thing. wanting to be top dog and that. probably not a good habit though

k,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dominasion can come by habet or by being pushed around ,,and allso from well breeding ,,,,,,,,,,,micl,,,,my opinyon ,,

Edited by micl

Thanks guys for the welcome, and kierangesler thats true it may be a domination thing, I belive he will grow out of it. His father was a lugger and would occasionaly bail if he was on his own if it were to big for him. its just a way of stopping the pig and waiting for bak up at this point I belive.

hi think it is a domination thing he will snap out of it once he hit a couple bad boars to put him in line i had a couple luggin pups that were like that they came good with pigs bigger then themselves and got out of the habbits