Bull Arabs

Guest TuskyTel

Guest TuskyTel

Hey all

I have a 6 month old Bull Arab bitch and was just after a bit of feedback from others members with bull arabs.

Just wondering around what age they started showing a bit of interest.

Cheers

welcome mate it depends on ur dog mate i had a dog called bull he seen his 1st pig at 6months old i got him an by the time he was 7months old he was working off the ute by him self an catching good pigs by himself so it depends on ur dog my other dog i had choppa caught his 1st pig wen he was 12months old as i had no other dogs for him 2 learn from cheers shady bull arabs

Guest TuskyTel

Thanks for that

A mate just said to get peoples opinions on how long it took their bull arab to start working cos he hasnt had much to do with arabs.

Your pretty lucky with that 6 month old i reckon. Would be good to have them goin at that age

cheers

Depends on how many numbers you have access to and how big they are. The other halfs old bitch pup was on suckers at about 3/4mths old and never looked back, but my bitch didn't have as much exposure so young and has taken a lot longer to get going, but was having a go with the others at about 10/11mths. It really comes down to the dog and the enviroment you're in. But have found that they are not a long time maturing as some other breeds are. Well that's my opinion anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TuskyTel

Depends on how many numbers you have access to and how big they are. The other halfs old bitch pup was on suckers at about 3/4mths old and never looked back, but my bitch didn't have as much exposure so young and has taken a lot longer to get going, but was having a go with the others at about 10/11mths. It really comes down to the dog and the enviroment you're in. But have found that they are not a long time maturing as some other breeds are. Well that's my opinion anyways.

Thanks so much for that

its good to know that tehy aren't a long time maturing

cheers

:)

mate its like they said pig numbers...my arab bitch was10 months and my arab cross was 12 months..but my young male 6 months arab shows signs of now he want some of this action...but i wanted to hold my bitches back a lil to mature a bit first and i think it has worked well as behaviour wise they r well behaved...and i can verbally call them off a pig and get them back on...so my 6 month old male shows more of just a meat headed lugger so he will need more training but he will learn from the older bitches but unless your got country thats has plenty of pigs just let it happen and go out with expirienced dogs as they will show the way for your pup.

terry

• 2 weeks later...

Its like everyone is saying the temperment of your dog ive fond some B/A that are shy can take upto 12months to start and more conident pups

ive had start at 5 & 6 Months. One of my bitches that took 14 months to start i was about to give up on. turned out to be one of the best

hunters ive had just kept taking her out and let her hunt with the 2 other experienced dogs until she worked it out.

Good Luck Trump