Dogger Wana Be

hey all hope all is well .well im steve i live in sydney and love going 4 pigs i dont own my own dog atm but i have been with a mate of mine once or twices at coona. i do most of my hunting with the gun but is thinking about getting a dog but not sure wats the best bred to track em of the back of the ute and find and stop em and weather to get a pup or one ready to go, if i had to get one that has been taught would it listen to me or only who taught it . thanks in advance 4 the help im new and keen to start huntin with dogs cheers steve

its a hard thing to get into mate..... some times i wish i never farkin bothered...LOL

the only way to be succesfull quickly is give up life in the city an go bush ....

cus its time on the ground ... hunt em as much as you can with as many other dogs as you can

as for breed dont pay outrages money thats about it give ya self 50 to 250 limit .

good luck

FT

G'day Stevex,

Welcome to teh site. You are going about it the right way. Do some more hunting with someone with dogs before you get your own dog. Once you get a dog it needs regular works so you are best to have your hunting up and going before you put yourself under dog training pressure. Keep reading the forum and that will help too.

Cheers.