Keen as.......

G'day fellas

New to Ozzie Doggers. Keen as pigger, unfortunately living in non-pig resident area of Australia (Warnambool - SW Victoria) for the moment due to work. I will be moving back upto central/ northern NSW with time so I'll keep myself interested by watching what you lot have to say and put in my 2 bobs worth in occassionally.

Also have 2 (retired for the moment) pig dogs- Moby is a 5 yo, 48 kg male Mastiff/ Dane/ Stag/ Wolf blend and Polly is mainly Wolfhound/ Mastiff, 35kg, 3 yo, bitch. We've caught a few in the last coupla years - about 5 in the 80kgs range, nothing over 90kgs.

Cheers

Tex of the Mex

G'day fellas

New to Ozzie Doggers. Keen as pigger, unfortunately living in non-pig resident area of Australia (Warnambool - SW Victoria) for the moment due to work. 

used to be pigs in warnambool mate, we picked up 2 about 3 years ago, havnt been back since, try along the st georges river (i think thats what it was called) will take you up the hills about 1k from the main rd. was some sign there, not sure how it is now.

razorback,

there is the occasional 'lost' swine about along the curdies river but not worth the effort for mine after being spoilt with some good properties in NSW. Whereabout you talkin'??

Spoke to my mate I went up with, he thinks its off the hopkins river somewhere.the hopkins runs on both sides of the hopkins hwy. coming from mortlake to warnambool, it will be on your right, between bushfield and grassmere. take some of the tracks around that area and walk your dogs. if there is sign about,fresh, they should pick something up. like i said was a while back now so dont know the situation of pigs or entry points to that area.

the other place i wass talking about,st george river, is in the lorne area. couple from there asswell. nothing impressive.

• 7 years later...
  • 8 months later...