What Type Of Fox Dogs Are Best?

• 2 weeks later...

Staghounds.. Not as big as a Deerhound so they don't need as much time to wind up and don't use a footy oval for a turning circle.. And handle being knocked around better and don't rip like a whippet.. Although I do have a bully/whippet at present and she isn't a bad type.. But I'd still prefer my old stag line..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

Staghounds.. Not as big as a Deerhound so they don't need as much time to wind up and don't use a footy oval for a turning circle.. And handle being knocked around better and don't rip like a whippet.. Although I do have a bully/whippet at present and she isn't a bad type.. But I'd still prefer my old stag line..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

he sam my big dog would tune just as good any dogs u have hes got a lot of deerhound in hiM THE DEERHOUNDS ARE GOOD DOGS ON FOXES

HAVE U SEEN DEERHOUND WORK AT ALL OR JUST WOT DAD SAYS

Edited by mark61

I've watched them get turned inside out by foxes and the stags.. I've watched the fox get caught by the time the deerhound has even thought about winding up.. I'm not saying they are all the same but the ones I have seen I wouldn't rate a pure bred one..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

To answer the question what fox dogs are best is easy. Mine :P

If pure deerhounds were so good then everyone would be using them. Taller dogs cant turn as well as shorter dogs it that simple. Sure some tall dogs are exceptions but majority will get out turned by more nimble dogs. But what tall dogs lack in cornering they make up in other ways.

Edited by jmac

To answer the question what fox dogs are best is easy. Mine :P

If pure deerhounds were so good then everyone would be using them. Taller dogs cant turn as well as shorter dogs it that simple. Sure some tall dogs are exceptions but majority will get out turned by more nimble dogs. But what tall dogs lack in cornering they make up in other ways.

You dirty mexicans need to come over to SA and hunt in some real sized paddocks on some real foxes. My big dogs would catch a fox that has a headstart that would wear your whippets out.

If that doesn't get a response then I know your all sick of advising with me, will someone please respond upset to put a smile on my dial? Especially you Jmac. You still got that feral looking rat thing hanging off your chin?

Fck oath i still got it and its looking more lush than ever. With a face like yours maybe you should considering covering it up abit to. You Need the big paddocks to wear a fox down cause ya dogs cant turn for shit i heard.

And no whippet in my dogs

Edited by jmac

Fck oath i still got it and its looking more lush than ever. With a face like yours maybe you should considering covering it up abit to. You Need the big paddocks to wear a fox down cause ya dogs cant turn for shit i heard.

And no whippet in my dogs

Hmmmm that was farkin laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmoooooooooooooooooo!

Thought you could probably do something better than that poofter bum.

Anyone else!

FFS, got to be one of you dirty pricks with half a brain? Surely.

I used to use stag x greyhounds and they work just aswell as any other breed. Although a mate used to run a pack of whippets they were bloody machines on foxes. Also had a deer/wolf/stag/grey he was a good dog.

I've watched them get turned inside out by foxes and the stags.. I've watched the fox get caught by the time the deerhound has even thought about winding up.. I'm not saying they are all the same but the ones I have seen I wouldn't rate a pure bred one..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

ok as u no pato not pure but he can tune good for a 30inch dog and is fast hes one of the best fox dog i have see but he is a stag . u do get the fox that can run a tune good some do beat dogs cheers HILLY

Patto isn't a bad looking dog.. I haven't seen him work so can't comment on him.. He does need a haircut though Mark.. lol.. Jacko's big Stag bitch never let many foxes go in her prime.. She's getting old now though and has gone blind in one eye..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

Patto isn't a bad looking dog.. I haven't seen him work so can't comment on him.. He does need a haircut though Mark.. lol.. Jacko's big Stag bitch never let many foxes go in her prime.. She's getting old now though and has gone blind in one eye..

SUCH IS LIFE!!

WE WILL GO OUT SO U CAN SEE HIM WORK WITH YOURS AND SMASH SOME CHEERS HILLY