Starting New Dogs

Hi everyone im very new to this dog hunting im more of a shooter i have been out with some freinds and thier dogs and had a great time :thumbup:

I have three english staffies i no thier a bit small to be pig dogs but ive seen it done i want to train them to get pigs wondering if anyone had some advice on how i should do this it would be greatly appreciated..

Edited by maca351

Make sure they don't fight other dogs

They are obedient

They are stock proof

And take them out with experienced pig dogs to learn off

That's the easiest way

See if the bloke you hunted with are willing to take you and your dogs with them on a hunt

Maybe pick one dog to take as they be easier and teach that then put work into others

Stevo is on the money if you really wanna try using those dogs, Years ago a mate had one we took it out heaps and it had no problem lugging but it was heartbreaking watching it chase pigs in the open it had nothing on them, pigs would speed off and the little staffy's legs just couldn't make it, maybe in the real thick stuff they could be handy but be a bit of a worry grabbin a +100 kg angry boar with a 20 kg dog swingin!

Just my opinion and it will be interesting to hear other peoples experiences