Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanna introduce myself. I am 18 and am looking at getting into hunting pigs with dogs but have never done it before but eager to get out there. I just have a few q's that you guys could help me with. Do I need a permit or anything to hunt pigs? Also what dogs do you suggest I get, I have 2 german shep males that are getting on and I want to get a nice pig dog and work with him. I like the sound of the Bull Enduro's by Mike Hodgens, whats your opinion of them? Also, I live in SE Victoria and I have never heard of feral pigs down my way but if any of you know of good hunting spots in Victoria your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys, I look forward to getting into it.

Hey guys, I'm new here and just wanna introduce myself. I am 18 and am looking at getting into hunting pigs with dogs but have never done it before but eager to get out there. I just have a few q's that you guys could help me with. Do I need a permit or anything to hunt pigs? Also what dogs do you suggest I get, I have 2 german shep males that are getting on and I want to get a nice pig dog and work with him. I like the sound of the Bull Enduro's by Mike Hodgens, whats your opinion of them? Also, I live in SE Victoria and I have never heard of feral pigs down my way but if any of you know of good hunting spots in Victoria your help would be much appreciated.

nah mate being victorian your mentally exempt from all permits permission or paid propertys,,,you have that special birthright that allows ya to cross borders and hunt any road or track wether it be public or private land,national park or state forests in australia,the enduros will definately compliment the style of your ageing german shepherds and mike is a top bloke also,,theres plenty of pigs in victoria just drive thru towns and look for the shinyest ute with the cleanest dogbox and you can guarantee the nearest vacant land will be stocked with plenty of piglets that have been trapped in other states and rehomed in vic but failing that just go for a run with someone else and once ya know were they go youll be right to go back by yaself from than on but dont forget to take atleast 3 different people back there each time you go,,,good luck :anim_25:

nah mate being victorian your mentally exempt from all permits permission or paid propertys,,,you have that special birthright that allows ya to cross borders and hunt any road or track wether it be public or private land,national park or state forests in australia,the enduros will definately compliment the style of your ageing german shepherds and mike is a top bloke also,,theres plenty of pigs in victoria just drive thru towns and look for the shinyest ute with the cleanest dogbox and you can guarantee the nearest vacant land will be stocked with plenty of piglets that have been trapped in other states and rehomed in vic but failing that just go for a run with someone else and once ya know were they go youll be right to go back by yaself from than on but dont forget to take atleast 3 different people back there each time you go,,,good luck :anim_25:

Lol, so thats a no go on the enduro?

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my ggod his only new he mite beleave you about going on privet property and parks and stufff,,,,,,,,,

there are alot of good gyes here just lisen for some time and you will lern lm shore mate ,,yes this is afun sport, also look at runing dogs, here on this site,,, and if you can find , stag x wolf hound from arespectible breeder look at that to ,, have chat to all ,, thanks by,,,,,,tack cair,

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa my ggod his only new he mite beleave you about going on privet property and parks and stufff,,,,,,,,,

I just wanted to know if there was any good pig hunting in vic because I have never heard of any plus it's hard as to find any info on licenses and what not so I thought I would ask here.

I just wanted to know if there was any good pig hunting in vic because I have never heard of any plus it's hard as to find any info on licenses and what not so I thought I would ask here.

yes dooli ther are pigs in vic ther in the hills ,,,, ut you need reely good dogs , and dogs that have been ther ,, it is very hilly ,, my mates tell me about it some times, but you have to be lucky , or be on them all the time ,, but ther are gyes that no the hills ,, ,, you mite be beter of geting to no some one insted of going by your self if you are new at this pig hunting ,, you dont want to get lost out ther in the cold , just lisen for a while and make frends champ ,,,,,, good luck ,,,,if you can get your self a good staghound hairy with alittel wolfhound in it you will have alot of fun ,, but just alitel wolf hound in it ,,,, then you can chase hare ,fox, rabet , and if you ever go piging ,that dog should just get you by ,,,,,,,,,,but as l said have alisen to the chats , on sight hounds and piging conversaions , ok ,,, ok by ,, the boys here are ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wen ther sleeping ahhahahahahahahhahahahahaahahhahahaaha its cool mate , be good , bybyb

Edited by micl

yes dooli ther are pigs in vic ther in the hills ,,,, ut you need reely good dogs , and dogs that have been ther ,, it is very hilly ,, my mates tell me about it some times, but you have to be lucky , or be on them all the time ,, but ther are gyes that no the hills ,, ,, you mite be beter of geting to no some one insted of going by your self if you are new at this pig hunting ,, you dont want to get lost out ther in the cold , just lisen for a while and make frends champ ,,,,,, good luck ,,,,if you can get your self a good staghound hairy with alittel wolfhound in it you will have alot of fun ,, but just alitel wolf hound in it ,,,, then you can chase hare ,fox, rabet , and if you ever go piging ,that dog should just get you by ,,,,,,,,,,but as l said have alisen to the chats , on sight hounds and piging conversaions , ok ,,, ok by ,, the boys here are ok ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, wen ther sleeping ahhahahahahahahhahahahahaahahhahahaaha its cool mate , be good , bybyb

Ok thanks alot guys :)