Running Dogs

G'day mate,

I'm new as well. What sort of dogs do you run? And you may be able to give me some advice.I have a greyhound who won't go near fences, how can I teach him to jump them? He jumps on my 4x4 ute no worries, but he crashed into a fence when I first got him so unless he catches his prey he'll just give up once it reaches a fence.

Cheers

i do most of my hunting with a bully/greyhound bitch,a deerhound/whippet bitch and a bully/greyhound cross stag

we would like see some pics of your dogs mate. welcome to ozziedoggers cheers MARK.

G'day mate,

I'm new as well. What sort of dogs do you run? And you may be able to give me some advice.I have a greyhound who won't go near fences, how can I teach him to jump them? He jumps on my 4x4 ute no worries, but he crashed into a fence when I first got him so unless he catches his prey he'll just give up once it reaches a fence.

Cheers

you mite have to run it with a dog that can.or find some sheep fence that is a bit lower then the rest and work up from that.the other thing he may of been hit by a electric fence.that wont help.the dogs i run are bully/greyhound,deerhound/whippet,and stag pup i bred.

G'day

Wish we could get some wet and cool weather so we can start fox hunting. Expectations high lots of cover around looking foward to trying out our new running dog bitch along with the rest of the pack.

chers,

foxmen

i will send you some of the wet stuff.it wont stop running here.just going by the number so fare its going to be a good season for foxes.