Gday, just introducing myself too. I am originally from SA and was looking to start some dogs for just over the border and KI . That was about 8 years ago and i now live in north queensland chasing pigs as close as 5 kms from my house in the suburbs, cape york, daintree coast, western cattle stations big river country mangrove swamps and I work in Arnhem land and are about to start hunting out here too. Once you start doggin pigs will take over

Lucky fella bronsy!

Did you end up having dogs here in SA?

Just wondering how they(the dogs) would go as i wont be able to get them out every weekend. Also going to be interesting training them with out having knowlegable dogs for them to go for a run here. Dont think there is that many people into dogging pigs in sa.

Got a fair few contacts on KI where i know there are pigs so may start over there.

Then just over the border in Broken Hill etc and Vic. Just hope im not 30min behind the pigs!

I was a shooter that wanted to use dogs but couldnt get away from adelaide onto pigs enough to work them. One day i secured a propety on the darling river close enough to visit More often. I took my five year old APBT sired by a rotwieler and my mate brought along his mastiff cross. At the time i knew no doggers what so ever. The dogs had been stock proofed from pups but had no clue what a hog was. First boar i killed with a rifle the dogs were offered and encouraged to show intetest. My dog ran straight up to the lifeless boar and with everything he had, lugged up on the ear. After some vocal encouragement my mates mastiff x staffy lugged up and proceeded to drag the 60kg animal from the bank of the river to dry land. The next morning whilst walking lignum passing goats and roos before i could recognise a large black flash through the lignum my dog had vanished, soon after my mates dog went into the lignum too. After ten fold the adrenalin rush of any rifle hunting in the past ten years of hunting prior to this and some crashing a falling through lignum, my mate and i were presented with a nice sixty odd kg boar being lugged text book style by two pet dogs from the adelaide suburbs both dogs costing arond the $70 mark. The rest is history.