Hunting Breeds

G'day all,

I'm thinking about getting a saluki next year and just want to know if anyone has one and what theyre like?

From what I've gathered they've got a fair bit of guts and have a big tank so can stick to foxes and such for long chases?

Our whippet/stag is bloody quick but just cant go long enough and I want something that can stay a bit longer on the chase,

any suggestions?

cheers,

Jack

I've been looking up breeders and one of em, is breeding pups from dogs that have come from Arabia and I mean these people show em but they said the parents were used for gazelle hunting or coursing.

G'day all,

I'm thinking about getting a saluki next year and just want to know if anyone has one and what theyre like?

From what I've gathered they've got a fair bit of guts and have a big tank so can stick to foxes and such for long chases?

Our whippet/stag is bloody quick but just cant go long enough and I want something that can stay a bit longer on the chase,

any suggestions?

cheers,

Jack

Jackp I chase pigs but Rick L off this site has dog called "Willy" dane bloodhound x he is awesome on foxes and runs them down also very handy on pigs. But he is a very tall dog with a big tail. He sits on the back of foxes and runs them in to the dirt the best stamina I have seen from a big dog.

• 2 months later...