hey how are we all

just joel from melbourne 17

and recently gettin in to hunting.

Bought my car and bought my dog

havnt got a liesence till late 2010

tried putting my 8 month bull masstif x on to the pigs

first time she didnt show intrest

then took her to a spot covered in pigs, walking her there and she wasnt even showen intrest

where there was pigs like closer that 20 meters away.

i am unable to go hunting since no liecence and dont knw many people that want to go away flat out

im just wondering is my dog no good, or is this usserall

and if i wait till she is a year and a half will she be wasted and not get on at that age

i would realy appreciate it if i could get a few tips to train my dog with out going out for the mean while

im able to get hold of skin and heads, but she still dosnt want to show intrest

please help

thanks you

G'day Joel

I don't think your dog is a dud just does not know what it is supposed to do, if you can get someone to take you out on a hunt and run your dog with their's it will learn pretty quick. In my experience it only takes one catch in most dog's for them to start to learn. In the mean time it sounds like you have a strong dog in the making by the breeding so I would suggest to you that you work with the dog, teaching it commands so that you are in control of it all the time when you do go hunting. Things like being able to stop the dog doing what it's doing and to come to you, this is good for when you want the dog to come off a pig and either run on or sit. Teach it to obey all your commands, to stock proof it walk it around other animals get it used to them now before you start hunting and you will enjoy your hunting when you start up

mate just get a lend of some1's dog even if it isnt a finder just a lugger and take it with you and your dog to where u said all those pigs were about 20 meters away even the lugger will be able to find a pig in there and then your dog will see what it is meant to do and then once he lugs you will b able to start taking him out on your own

hey thanks pig dogaz pimpen & puzzleman

yeah but she shows no aggression at all, we had a sucker and had two other dogs on it pups but, and all my dog done was run back to the car or not even look at it

do the masstif mature late?

yeah i had another dog with me whn i went to all them pigs, seen that dog lug before, but that dog ended up doing nuthing, not even run after them, so must of been a dudd and only hangs on with other dogs.

yeah i guess i just need ta wait till i get my liesence, then go away, just need to gather a few propertys in nsw's

whats the best way to get a few popertys going, and find there numbers?

ring the pubs????

hey thanks pig dogaz pimpen & puzzleman

yeah but she shows no aggression at all, we had a sucker and had two other dogs on it pups but, and all my dog done was run back to the car or not even look at it

do the masstif mature late?

yeah i had another dog with me whn i went to all them pigs, seen that dog lug before, but that dog ended up doing nuthing, not even run after them, so must of been a dudd and only hangs on with other dogs.

yeah i guess i just need ta wait till i get my liesence, then go away, just need to gather a few propertys in nsw's

whats the best way to get a few popertys going, and find there numbers?

ring the pubs????

Mate the best way to get onto property's would be to go for a drive, go to the pubs and talk to people, if they don't have a property they will probably be able to point u in the right direction, or just knock on some doors, i got some property's doing both

true foz, i might do that, need ta wait to get my liesence but,

and how do u find out like what area is good, word of mouth yeah??

yeah mate anywhere out west would be good i've only hunted north west but don't see y the south should be any different, pigs'll live almost anywhere mate. those 2 ways i said would deffinately be better than phoning mate, if the cocky gets to meet u in person he'll be much more likely to let u on

thanks foz

yeah mite do that soon, might go away for the weekend with the old man and ask a few cockys, so whn i turn 18 i can get in to it hard

thanks for the help foz see ya around

No worries mate happy to give any help i can! if u end up in nsw and stuck for someone to hunt with i'm always keen for a hunt with someone new mate. good on ya and good luck with the propertys mate

Joel , i got little brother down your way,mad keen hunter and offroader , i can possibly get you hooked up with him if ya like , he has access to propperties and a swag of hunting mates , may be able to get you and ya dog off on the right foot . he dont personaly have dogs but mates do.if ya like i will get onto him for ya just pm me your email . good hunting