Im New Here

I want to know what kind of dog i need to get i have never been hunting and i want to get into hunting for wild pigs i have a property in tara nd i am close to moonie which i heard is a good spot to go hunting could you please tell me what kind of dog i would need..

cheers get back to me

maybe a mastiff!!! ha ha :funnyshit: if i was hunting a lot around moonie in that crop country i would be after something fast,

maybe a bullygreyhound or a bullarab. some good hunting to be had around there. good luck with it! :mistick_beer:

Yeah mate, ideally you'd get somethinng that can cover the ground quickly. Assuming it can find a bit and will swing off a pig, pace is the big thing. Don't go for the maximum pace though because they can often over run things and have trouble turning...

Did you say you lived in that country or just your spots are in that country? If you live there ask every pig chaser you see what they use. Evenutally something will emerge that's working for the locals.

We could all list breeds to follow but it's more about the family of dogs all these dogs are wrapped up in. Working stock of whatever breed will do the job, it's just a matter of your taste.

Talk to blokes on here who are from places like Goondiwindi and CQ. That's where I'd start.

Cheers.

hey mate i'm between dalby and tara and do alot of hunting out tara and moonie way, i run a pitty/arabx pointer and a dane ridgeback cross they both do well. my mate runs arab and arab crosses at tara. theres also alot of boxer crosses getting used around there but i guess its personnal preference. check out the topic under pigging dogs called "what is your best dog at present" this may give you a bit of idea with info on different dogs.