Central Q.l.d, New To Hunting

Hi Guys. I'm just new to the scene and have got myself a dog and a bitch, the dog is an 7 month old Dane,Mastiff,Ridgeback,Wolfhound,Bullterrier He is 26" at the shoulders and pretty solid. And the bitch is just 6 weeks old and is a Dane,Arab,Bloodhound,Staghound. I have been getting the dog used to the bush by taking him on 10k plus bushwalks and so far it has been pretty good he is leading me finding animal trails and pig ruttings, so hopefully there is some potential there. Will he naturally chase and bale or lug a pig ? or is this something another dog will have to teach him. So far he is not scared of anything except from missing out on dinner...lol

hey mate it is always great to show the dog by another dog lugging on a pig and showing them what to do and after a while they will get the hang of it and strat lugging by them self.. and they well get to know the smell of the pig so they know what is a pig and what is not...

Welcome and good luck hunting...

:mistick_beer:

Edited by bill223

im from moura mate about a hour and a half from there your more then welcome to come out with me and see what it's about im heading at tonight lol probale to late notice but should be going again on weekend my name is mick anyway mate my number is 0419039423 just give us a call we can work something out in the mean time SAFE HUNTING

im from moura mate about a hour and a half from there your more then welcome to come out with me and see what it's about im heading at tonight lol probale to late notice but should be going again on weekend my name is mick anyway mate my number is 0419039423 just give us a call we can work something out in the mean time SAFE HUNTING

Cheers Mick, I will definately be in touch with you in a few weeks. Goin to try and trade in my hyundai getz for a ute so i can start, or my mate wants to chop the roof off the getz....lol