New To Piggin

G'day everyone,

My name is Evan and i'm just starting out. Never done pig hunting before but it looks sick! ive got myself a new pup, He is a Bull Arab/wolfhound x Bull arab, 5 months old 28kgs and very leggy (AXE).Have attached a pic of the little fella. If anyone has any info or tips for me in training him up, they would be much appreciated. e.g (spotlight training, tips for getting him use to the ute?)

post-5025-1250153175_thumb.jpg

first thing you have to do mate is get him stock proof that means he dont chase the stock 100 % if you hunt cattle country or sheep it dont mater if you want property access you will need to be sure he dont chase them walk them on a lead at the start then see how he go loose around stock and when ya sure then plate them up and go looking for swine find somone with an experinced dog if ya can to teach ya dogs how its done hope this helps mate ask me and other ozzie doggers more if you need more help

first thing you have to do mate is get him stock proof that means he dont chase the stock 100 % if you hunt cattle country or sheep it dont mater if you want property access you will need to be sure he dont chase them walk them on a lead at the start then see how he go loose around stock and when ya sure then plate them up and go looking for swine find somone with an experinced dog if ya can to teach ya dogs how its done hope this helps mate ask me and other ozzie doggers more if you need more help

Thanks mate, there is a paddock with heaps of cattle in it near our place that i walk him past on the lead all the time. He doesnt show much interest in them. but i havent got any access to proerty to stock proof him properly, is it important to get him used to other dogs aswell? and do they learn watching other dogs in action from the cage? Hes really good with other dogs at the dog park and kids aswell.

has anyone out there got a bull arab wolfhound? Or seen any in action any thoughts on them? Mine seems to be very quick, hes got some big pegs on him for 5 months old. he was the last left of his litter, no one wanted him because he was too tall. is there such thing??? :blink:

has anyone out there got a bull arab wolfhound? Or seen any in action any thoughts on them? Mine seems to be very quick, hes got some big pegs on him for 5 months old. he was the last left of his litter, no one wanted him because he was too tall. is there such thing??? :blink:
my bro always says you dont need a big hook to catch a big fish..lol
Qld at the moment, north brisbane. kallangur. used to live in bendigo vic.

ok well only if u were still in bendigo lol i am in trenam just 45 mins away from bendigo i just ot a pupy and i got animals and it is shit scared of horse and dont go near the cow or sheep lol

hope ya find somewhere to train him

ok well only if u were still in bendigo lol i am in trenam just 45 mins away from bendigo i just ot a pupy and i got animals and it is shit scared of horse and dont go near the cow or sheep lol

hope ya find somewhere to train him

i'm moving back to vic at the end of the year, but iwouldnt mind trying to get him stock proofed before i get back, we used to race rally cars at trentham throught the hills a few years back good place. do you do any hunting down there mate

i'm moving back to vic at the end of the year, but iwouldnt mind trying to get him stock proofed before i get back, we used to race rally cars at trentham throught the hills a few years back good place. do you do any hunting down there mate

hey mate,

yea i do alot of huntin wit friends i shoot and dog and we are makin a car at the minute so we can tie the dogs up but also has a seat to shoot off coz i back onto the state forest do we can hunt pigs off it,

i wouldnt mind goin huntin wit u wen u com back down mate

cheers

james

hey mate,

yea i do alot of huntin wit friends i shoot and dog and we are makin a car at the minute so we can tie the dogs up but also has a seat to shoot off coz i back onto the state forest do we can hunt pigs off it,

i wouldnt mind goin huntin wit u wen u com back down mate

cheers

james

do you get many porkers round there? i thought youd have to go north more? they up in the hills?

do you get many porkers round there? i thought youd have to go north more? they up in the hills?

yea we get some coz the people before us let heaps out or the peple before them and people who live in the bush behind us say there is heaps and wen we used to breed them we lost one in there and ours could smell the feral one and we find heads of them,

lol so they are there.

would u like to go huntin wit us wen ya com down one day mate

yea we get some coz the people before us let heaps out or the peple before them and people who live in the bush behind us say there is heaps and wen we used to breed them we lost one in there and ours could smell the feral one and we find heads of them,

lol so they are there.

would u like to go huntin wit us wen ya com down one day mate

yeah that would be good mate, how many acres are you on down there? I will be back in bendigo in november this year. What type of dogs have you got mate?

yeah that would be good mate, how many acres are you on down there? I will be back in bendigo in november this year. What type of dogs have you got mate?

hey man,

i am on 30 acres,

and i go huntin wit my friends staghound his othe staghound greyhound and his other all kinds of hounds in it lol,

and we have two puppys growin up and also hav a little terrier

cheers james

hey man,

i am on 30 acres,

and i go huntin wit my friends staghound his othe staghound greyhound and his other all kinds of hounds in it lol,

and we have two puppys growin up and also hav a little terrier

cheers james

do you have any female staggy's mate? my bull ara x bull arab/wolfhound is a male? he would be good crossed with a staggy