G'day all,

We are Jenni and Josh and we both enjoy and love hunting. Jenni grewup on a farm in northern NSW with her relatives and they always took her out hunting every night and now she has got me into it and we want to get out there hunting again. I grew up in QLD but my family moved around a fair bit but now that i've settled down and have got myself a hunting dog, i would love to see my dog, Boofa make his first kill. Boofa is a Bullmastiff x Ridgeback and is well trained. He's tried to get a few rabbits before when he was younger but when he caught them he just wanted to play with them but now that he's older i want to see him take down a pig.

post-3760-1238116217_thumb.jpg post-3760-1238116291_thumb.jpg post-3760-1238116320_thumb.jpg

i would love to see my dog, Boofa make his first kill.

Good luck with that!

I've never seen it myself! Maybe a sucker or 2 but certainly not a big pig.

Have a look on youtube for some videos of pigging so you know what to expect when you catch one.

Don't think you'll be running in on a dead pig though! :funnysheet:

Edited by Lukas
Welcome to the site.

Just a bit of clarification for you ( may just be the way you have typed it ) the dog does not kill the pig at all - it merely holds the pig firmly by the ears until we dispatch the pig.

Thanks but Josh really thinks that Boofa would kill the pig. But i'll definatly let him know :mistick_beer:

Thats just not how its done, if the dog is that much of a loose cannon then i would suggest not using him as a pigdog.

An excited dog that you may not have control of is just another nail in the coffin for the image of pighunting.

Try and go with some responsible / experienced hunters to learn the ropes the right way.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we are under enormous pressure from animal liberators about what we do, so we have to look after the future of pigdogs.. Hence why this forum is so heavily moderated..

:motocanaglia_thank_you:

Thats just not how its done, if the dog is that much of a loose cannon then i would suggest not using him as a pigdog.

An excited dog that you may not have control of is just another nail in the coffin for the image of pighunting.

Try and go with some responsible / experienced hunters to learn the ropes the right way.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we are under enormous pressure from animal liberators about what we do, so we have to look after the future of pigdogs.. Hence why this forum is so heavily moderated..

:motocanaglia_thank_you:

Thanks, we've organised to go out with experienced hunters so we can watch and learn before letting Boofa do it just incase something does go wrong.

Welcome. Don't forget to buy some protection for the big fella before you put him on any pigs. I think your outlook on what dogging pigs is all about will change once you get out there. A large boar is a formidable quarry for a dog you want him to hold the pig not try and fight it. Dogs that fight pigs cause unnessesary damage and also tire quickly, thus giving the pig a chance to turn the tables and injure the dog and escape. It's the dogs job to hold the pig in place causing little or no injury to the pig so that the hunter can kill it as humanly as possible. Good luck with it, it's a big learning experience. :peace: