gday all my name is kieran. im a new hunter using dogs. im from dalby qld. (about 220km west of brisbane). i have a 10 month old bull arab X great dane bitch named shadow. just joined here cause im keen to take in any info you guys can give me on catching some hogs :)419211_10150522368052876_750342875_8938494_1934036385_n.jpg i dont take a great pic but this is my bitchs first pig.

just wondering too. my bitch works really well with a good finder. she hits hard amd hangs really good. i always used to go with a mate who has since retired his dog and gone to a career in the army. my problem is how do i help her to learn how to find? or am i better off buying a dog thats already finding and running them together?

just wondering too. my bitch works really well with a good finder. she hits hard amd hangs really good. i always used to go with a mate who has since retired his dog and gone to a career in the army. my problem is how do i help her to learn how to find? or am i better off buying a dog thats already finding and running them together?

Well Personally I would let her the dog try it out for herself... I have a catahoula male who is I trained myself from a pup with NO other dogs help. He now if finding himself pigs at a short range, originally strait from the bike and can ute find of recent that now at 18 months. But then again it woud depend on how old she is and how you want her to do by herself. If you have enough time and effort then get another dog, this may encorage her, otherwise just try and see how it goes for you, and her on her own. Another dog is another owrk load remember.