Hi , Just Joined From Nz

Hi ,

just found this forum doing a random search in Google for germhound and found a reference to one of my dogs from when I was in Wales/UK some 20 months ago. I've upped sticks and now live in South Island NZ. I hunt whenever I can mostly rabbits and hares with my dogs, nets and gun( gets me onto land to hunt, everybody here wants to get on to hunt pigs!!!)- Zappa a half cross White German Shepherd x Greyhound (germhound), a young white GSD Cariad 16 months and a rough coated lurcher Frank 10 months . I brought Zappa out to NZ with me and a white GSD Emma both dogs were used for hunting but Emma has passed on since getting here hence the young white GSD Cariad.

I have also just acquired a greyhound bitch that I will put Zappa across in the near future , hopefully this will put breed a dog with a bit more initial burst and maybe a bit smaller Zappa is 29" to the shoulder and 38kg bit of a lump but a good hunter full of determination and will run most 4 legged quarry .

DSC_0123-1.jpg

The Picture shows myself Zappa,Cariad and my mates dogs rough coated lurchers he brought with him from UK, Frank is out of the fawn dog to the right and a bitch of similar build. We were out hunting hares when a mob of pigs(3) and piglets came along , the farmer was with us and asked us to take as many as possible he wanted as many caught and killed as we could. this is the result of a hectic hour and our first encounter with pigs and a happy farmer.

Zappa.

DSC_0066.jpg

Edited by germhound

Hi all and thanks looks like a good forum.

Its bloody freezing Waterboy at the mo anyway , been raining like hell though and my kennels sprung a spring!! Poor dogs got flooded out. I've had to put a land drain in to sort it.

Cheers Germ