Wondering

hi im just starting pigging by me sleff got me a new pup (bull arab) just wondering what age i should start her. i was told arond 6 months but others have said 1 year old .. what age should i go

hi im just starting pigging by me sleff got me a new pup (bull arab) just wondering what age i should start her. i was told arond 6 months but others have said 1 year old .. what age should i go

Hi welcome to the site =)

Anywhere in between 6months and 1yr should be fine. Im not a 'pig hunter' but ive been a lot with my dad, and dad reckons thats a good time to start a dog. We currently have a 3 month old pup (bull arab x mastiff/dane/rotty) and dad is going to wait til his closer to 1yr old, as he doesnt want Jed to get injured too young? But many ppl start them young.

mate the earlier the better! start on a sucker at about 3 or 4 months and you'll find you'll have a handy dog at about 18 months, i got an 18 month old bitch i started that early and now she's cracking, works off back off ute no worries

mate got a few arabs recommend giving her a couple of suckers big enough to drag her around and she'll start lugging

well then give her a spell until she is about six months.

while shes waiting to come of age just drum as much stockproofing into her as you can

cheers