Hi From Nz

Hi there from New Zealand just joined this site a few minutes ago and thought I'd put this in before I go browsing through all the stuff on here. I live up in the far north of the north island and do a bit of pig hunting in my spare time. I use dogs and radio track them if they disappear for too long as we have some hilly terrain and thick bush. Then its a long haul with the pig back to the quad and then home to singe or skin it before cutting it up. Anyway lookin forward to seein how ya catch em in Oz - bit different to how we do it over here I'm sure

Cheers sheps

post-3339-1234083400_thumb.jpg

Cheers trotter yeah I had to carry that pig uphill 250 metres and then along a boggy ridge another 500 metres. But thats not too bad a carry compared to some I've done. Won a comp with that one - best tusks - 20 2/8 on the douglas score - dunno if you fullas use that system. Also won $1000 cash + $1000 worth of prizes for my efforts so I was really stoked.

Cheers trotter yeah I had to carry that pig uphill 250 metres and then along a boggy ridge another 500 metres. But thats not too bad a carry compared to some I've done. Won a comp with that one - best tusks - 20 2/8 on the douglas score - dunno if you fullas use that system. Also won $1000 cash + $1000 worth of prizes for my efforts so I was really stoked.

jees thats allright mate ,worth the effort for sure . got a few mates from nz an they do the same thing they made a video a few years back to called hunting down under . had some good deer an dogging footage from over there an a real awsome section were they came over an did a stint in cape york got some good pigs too ..

do ya get in to the deer over there at all ???

FT

FT wrote ; do ya get in to the deer over there at all ???

Hi FT no I don't do deer hunting although I'd love to. A lot a guys do it over here - plenty of deer in NZ not so much in the far north where I am but anywhere else down country, red deer, sika, fallow, wapiti further down country somewhere as well. Probably a few other types - can't think of em at the moment. I lived in Wellington at the bottom of the north island for 8 years and my pig dogs caught a red stag which was in good order and so I boned it out and me and a mate carried the meat back to the truck. That's about the extent of my deer hunting, most of the time it was a real nuisance when the dogs got onto deer but that time they got lucky

Hi there from New Zealand just joined this site a few minutes ago and thought I'd put this in before I go browsing through all the stuff on here. I live up in the far north of the north island and do a bit of pig hunting in my spare time. I use dogs and radio track them if they disappear for too long as we have some hilly terrain and thick bush. Then its a long haul with the pig back to the quad and then home to singe or skin it before cutting it up. Anyway lookin forward to seein how ya catch em in Oz - bit different to how we do it over here I'm sure

Cheers sheps

hey sheps done a bit of hunting in the nth island myself. a lot easier over here i tell ya. 90 mile beach is beautifull :thumbup:
hey sheps done a bit of hunting in the nth island myself. a lot easier over here i tell ya. 90 mile beach is beautifull :thumbup:

Hey yeah - can't beat blasting up the beach on trail bikes - but I haven't done that in years

that rotten corn and kin nus is a tucker u can keep to mate. and living in those big houses with 70 Maori"s is to be experienced

Ha ha yeah and not to mention mutton birds - mate when they cook them and rotten corn ya can't even go near the house. It just smells putrid. Me I eat fish raw cooked or marinated, had some smoked marlin today - it tastes beautiful. I leave those kinas alone but eat any other shellfish and I eat meat and vegies. Ya must have to try and think of somethin else when ya eat that other stuff for sure lol