Looking for hunting mates

Hi

Re : Looking for hunting mates  !*)

I am from South Africa. I have been hunting all my life with boer greyhounds / deerhounds and any cross you can think of. Catching basically all African animals except the big 5. I have already made good hunting friends in NSW and VIC, but I am staying in Gladstone Qld. Would appreciate it if hunters in Biloela, Gladstone, Rockhampton area can contact me.

I am also in the process of importing semen of some of my best dogs. Once dogging is in your blood, I guess you will never be able to get it out of your system...it will be part of you for the rest of your life.

Cheers

Africa

Re Ridgebacks

In the early years you didn't get all the type of breeds in South Africa. Basically Africanis (indigenous breed), boerboel (developed out of mastiff ), ridgeback (fair bit of Africanis in it) and greyhound. That was basically that.

All the boergreyhound therefore have % of boerboel, ridgeback and africanis in it.

We had one boergreyhound line with lots of ridgebacks in it ...this speciffic line was very aggresive...good hunter but also guard dog.

Lots of farmers have boerboel, ridgeback or crosses of the 2 mainly as guard dogs.

Some of the show lines today are useless...but you still get super ridgebacks on some farms.

Cheers

David

hi! im 2 hrs inland from rocky. seen the photos of ya dogs in the pigging dog secton, very nice style.

i have a mate whos from south africa,Basil Osborn,hes going back again soon as his familys over there..said he'll take me for a visit but i cant ride giraffs like i wanted lol !@$%*

• 2 weeks later...