train barking dogs for wild boar

Hi good afternoon forgive me the english mistakes i'm from brazil, I hunt wild boars, I always read your articles, I wonder if you could give me a tip, when I'm training with my dogs in the pig, they are barking and compliment, but I don't know how to finish their training .... should i end up taking the pig out of sight of the dogs?  Thank you very much

Edited by JC
On 16/09/2019 at 6:17 AM, Wayz64 said:

Might be better off asking on a US site as think they have comps where they “bay” pigs seen it somewhere on the net anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you very much for the county, I will search the sites of usa tbm ,, if you know any site or American video just tell me,, thank you
On 16/09/2019 at 7:23 AM, pig mad said:

Nice fat pigs would be nice to eat. It is illegal for us to pen a wild pig and set dogs on it so hard to answer your question. I cross the bloodhound with the pit bull and use them for hunting my dogs don't bail though. I enjoy hearing and seeing how people hunt in other countries I would be interested in seeing videos of you guys hunting with your hounds.

I didn't know it was illegal in Australia to keep captive wild boars for training, but I appreciate your attention when trying to answer my topic, you are very helpful in helping thank you very much. I don't have videos of dogs running pigs, but it does send us some hunting videos here on cel. thanks
7 hours ago, Toniii said:

I didn't know it was illegal in Australia to keep captive wild boars for training, but I appreciate your attention when trying to answer my topic, you are very helpful in helping thank you very much. I don't have videos of dogs running pigs, but it does send us some hunting videos here on cel. thanks

On 16/09/2019 at 7:53 PM, NT Wombat said:

Regardless of where you are in the world, nothing beats getting out in the forest/swamp/woods with your dogs and just let them run loose. If they are barking in a pen they will bark in the wild. Get them out as often as you can and they should learn what to do themselves.

let's start taking the dogs together for the real hunts yes,, thank you so much for the county
  • Like 1
forgive me I don't know if I understand your question, correct me if I'm wrong, .....
 Want to know the origins of our pitbulls? one of them are mainly Thompson bloodlines from the United States, but most are crossed here in our country, selecting the parents that are best at aggression, endurance and to grab the wild boar,
also here who cross pitbul or Dogo with Greyhound for more speed, many people really like this hunting cross in Brazil
19 hours ago, pig mad said:

what size is good boar over there??

In our country we measure the weight by quilos, I don't know if in libras it will be correct, but most of the wild boar we find here are between 100 quilos (220 libras) 200 quilos (440 libras) 
but it is not difficult to find males over 300 quilos (661 libras), 
Brazil most farms are plateaus such as corn, sugarcane, fruits etc, with always hot climate and plenty of water, wild boar can reach even big
22 hours ago, hen said:

So your pigs over there. Are they domestic stock turned feral like the pigs here in Australia and reverting back to wild boar or are they introduced European wild boar ??

hi, the vast majority of wild boar here were introduced the european wild boar  in Brazil order to market the meat, but many have escaped and some have been released, today in nature to many practically pure European wild boars and also quite a lot of European wild boars crossed with pigs domestic 
Edited by Toniii
  • Like 1