cookie4

ACT Pig Dog Ban

Do any you fellas in APDHA know the official out come results of the Amendment Bill submitted for legislation earlier this month re pig dogs etc in ACT  ? 

25 views on this topic since posted and still no one seems to know  . 15 days ago you fellas  --  APDHA said ya know  .  

Screenshot_2019-05-30-23-18-36-1.png

Found out this morning.  The Amendment wont go to the legislative assembly for least another 2 weeks  . Hang onto ya hats you ACT fellas  . Info i got from the Land Newspaper  . Further info can be obtained from Nicole Lawder office  . 

Screenshot_2019-05-31-10-32-53-1-1.png

Edited by cookie4

4 hours ago, cookie4 said:

Found out this morning.  The Amendment wont go to the legislative assembly for least another 2 weeks  . Hang onto ya hats you ACT fellas  . Info i got from the Land Newspaper  . Further info can be obtained from Nicole Lawder office  . 

Screenshot_2019-05-31-10-32-53-1-1.png

I was contacted  by Nicole Lawder office today  and spoke with her representative.  He told me the way it stands at present the amendment will go through and pass and become law . They (Nicole Lawder ) are working flat chat on the brief and the more support from shooters   hunters   dog owners   clubs etc  they can document will certainly help try to stop this . Gave them my name and business - Livestock Contracting for documentation . Anyone interested ya can ph 02 6205 0439 ask to be put through to Nicole Lawder office.  

• Like 1

Is there any breastplate makers and businesses that sell dog hunting gear that live in ACT  ?  Way i see it if this amendment goes through with no changes any of these people have to shut up shop and move to another state to continue making a income.  Or find new job . 

What A Fcked Up Country We Live In ! 

If they already sell gear all over Australia from their business there why would they shut up shop ?

39 minutes ago, matt peebles said:

If they already sell gear all over Australia from their business there why would they shut up shop ?

The way i see it mate it become illegal to sell it in ACT.  They want changes re pet shops,  boarding kennels . They want pig doggin banned doubt they let the pig dog gear continue to be sold.  

Screenshot_2019-06-02-21-55-57-1.png

Edited by cookie4

Amendment got the backing of the rspca . 

Screenshot_2019-06-05-19-37-04-1.png

On 02/06/2019 at 9:52 PM, cookie4 said:

The way i see it mate it become illegal to sell it in ACT.  They want changes re pet shops,  boarding kennels . They want pig doggin banned doubt they let the pig dog gear continue to be sold.  

Screenshot_2019-06-02-21-55-57-1.png

It’s only going to be illegal to catch a pig with a dog. How can it be illegal to own and sell hunting gear ? If there is no proof the hunting is happening in the state then they have no argument 

3 hours ago, matt peebles said:

It’s only going to be illegal to catch a pig with a dog. How can it be illegal to own and sell hunting gear ? If there is no proof the hunting is happening in the state then they have no argument 

Your dealing with none logic people mate . There well maybe a clause attached that for example dog breastplates and neck collars get banned from sale as they are part of use in pig doggin . Have to wait see aye . To me it look stupid if they banned pig dogs but its still ok to sell breastplates in same state  . If dogs get banned but plate makers can still carry on with their business that be good thing for them at least  . 

24 minutes ago, matt5985 said:

Breast plates are fashionable aren't they? 😂

Yeah like womens bras . 😂

On 06/06/2019 at 4:20 PM, cookie4 said:

Your dealing with none logic people mate . There well maybe a clause attached that for example dog breastplates and neck collars get banned from sale as they are part of use in pig doggin . Have to wait see aye . To me it look stupid if they banned pig dogs but its still ok to sell breastplates in same state  . If dogs get banned but plate makers can still carry on with their business that be good thing for them at least  . 

But pig dogs or associated gear aren’t being banned it’s the practice of catching a pig with a dog that is being banned. 

• Like 1

Yeah righto well picked up you 2 fellas  .  ( If dogs get banned )  thats what i posted . What i meant is --- if the use of pig dogs gets banned imo they could  ban some of the gear as well . 

Just need to use pig herding dogs not pig hunting dogs. Big difference.  Pig hearding dogs round up the pig and hold it in one spot till it can be humanely euthanized.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hen said:

Just need to use pig herding dogs not pig hunting dogs. Big difference.  Pig hearding dogs round up the pig and hold it in one spot till it can be humanely euthanized.

Could possibly end up like victoria rules . Flushing and pointing only . Last i heard those rules still abide and have not been amended  . Least flushing and pointing dogs be better than nothin  . 

Edited by cookie4

just use normal aussie working dog breeds to do the finding and bailing. that way you look like a stockman not a pighunter. 

2 minutes ago, matt peebles said:

just use normal aussie working dog breeds to do the finding and bailing. that way you look like a stockman not a pighunter. 

Mate from what i gather no dogs to be used . 

Edited by cookie4

5 hours ago, matt peebles said:

have to train cats then haha

Thats the go . 😂😂