Sign in to follow this  
Dogmann

Attack on Doggers by the RSPCA

There was a targeted attack on Pig Doggers in the Glen Innes Examiner on Wednesday. It was brought to my attention last night. 

Here is a link to the original report and my response. There is no guarantee they will publish any or all of the response so I’m publishing it everywhere I can to give Doggers something they might be able to use.

The original Glen Innes Examiner report…
http://www.gleninnesexaminer.com.au/story/5937290/hunting-dogs-are-too-dangerous-for-town-rspca/?cs=422

MEDIA RELEASE

An attack on legal Glen Innes pig hunters and their dogs has been described as a political stunt masquerading as concern about animal welfare.
The attack by the RSPCA’s Brigitte Burridge also displayed a ‘breathtaking bigotry’, according to the Australian Pig Doggers and Hunters Association National President Ned Makim of Inverell.
“And worse, the RSPCA, has sought to link the tragic death of an Inverell toddler to hunting in a cynical attempt to win political points. It’s unbelievable,” Mr Makim said.
Mr Makim’s comments follow the Wednesday online publication of a series of unsubstantiated claims by Ms Burridge that dogs used as part of the management of feral pig populations in the Glen Innes area were often mistreated, confined in cages and underfed.
The Examiner report then went onto link pig hunters, by inference, with drug dealing, dog fighting and the death of a toddler.
“It’s just bizarre. The RSPCA has a political position opposing hunting. Nothing to do with cruelty nor animal welfare. It is just blind opposition,” Mr Makim said.
“A group’s political views are its own business, even if those views contradict the group’s legislative power requiring it to enforce the law without fear or favour.
“But for the RSPCA to abuse its trusted position to attack a legitimate section of society going about their lawful business is reprehensible.”
Mr Makim said there was not one shred of proof presented to back up any of the RSPCA’s claims that hunting dogs were involved in any of the incidents she alleged.
“Far from it. People see things through their own bigotry and the fur baby cult has a lot to answer for,” Mr Makim said. “ The bigotry on display is breathtaking.”
“To a group that believes an unhealthy, obese dog is loved, a fit, athletic working dog can appear underfed. It’s the same for armchair athletes watching long distance runners at the Olympics. Those runners will look underfed if your opinion is formed sitting on your lounge with a pizza on your lap.”
Mr Makim said the APDHA absolutely supported the pursuit of animal cruelty cases. Any neglect or mistreatment should be pursued for the sake of the animal.
“But that can’t be done on the basis of bigotry against legal, ethical hunters who love and provide the utmost care for their working dogs. Why not start with the people over feeding their dogs and denying them the capacity to be a happy, psychologically balanced animal?”
Mr Makim said he sympathised with anyone who had lost a pet to a dog, whether or not it was a legitimate attack or the unmanaged  pet invaded the dogs’ space.
However, to use that as the basis for ‘dobbing in’ hunters was just ridiculous.
“And the use of a tragedy in Inverell with absolutely no link to hunting or hunting dogs to support an already unsustainable political position is just too cynical for words.”
Mr Makim said the legal pig hunting community was outraged by the attack and wanted an apology.

Ned Makim
APDHA National President

March 7, 2019

Edited by Dogmann
  • Like 8

Good response Ned, I read that article when it was released.what a crock and it leaves RSPCA open to letigation in some regards with the stupid comments they made.

• Like 1

I Seen that link on FB it made my blood boil reading the bull crap that bloke from glen innes was going on about. 

Most will agree with you on this Ned, glad you spoke up and said what you did.  

• Like 1

Just completed an infuriating interview with the Glen Innes Examiner. I am not confident we will get our side in print properly at all. We will know Wednesday.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Very hard not to lose it with this bloke. I’ve asked for the recording of the interview too because I think he’s going to flick us around and I want a bit of back up. 

• Like 5

So absolutely nothing published about our position. I gave a call in to the editor to find out what’s going on but it feels like they are just ignoring us. I am exploring other avenues...

5 minutes ago, Dogmann said:

So absolutely nothing published about our position. I gave a call in to the editor to find out what’s going on but it feels like they are just ignoring us. I am exploring other avenues...

I know your pain mate RSPCA is a joke.

Sign in to follow this