What's Up....american In Australia

Figured I'd Introduce Myself:

American here in Australia-ANU student working on obtaining a Master's in Enviro Policy.

Grew up working protection dogs, some of which were multifaceted and capable of working large game. 

Since I've been here (3months) I've gained a huge appreciation and understanding for the Hog Dogging Game, and it's differences down under as opposed to the States. 

Hope to get my hands on a high quality bitch before I take off Jan 2016, partake in a few hunts, and see what else I can learn!

Cheers,

BrendanG

Appreciate the well wishes everyone,

Rockinj- As for what dog I'm interested in getting; I'll need some more exposure to the breeds and cross breeds, thus far I'm impressed by some of the builds/body types exhibited by the bully greyhounds; really bred for function, I have yet to see one in action, but I'd really like to evaluate their drives. I'm assuming they have high prey, decent fight and rank, and low defense.

but if i had to guess, a solid bull arab bitch cross with some mastiff/dane/ridgeback/even bull-grey thrown in there; I like their size, drive and athleticism, plus I've read that arab's with some mastiff influence exhibit a fair amount of defense drive. 

dwild79-yup looking at taking a dog back to the states, I've been cluing myself up on importation regulations. Just need to be sure the dog has all necessary vaccinations prior to departure. Being a student, I'm living in Canberra ACT

Puzzleman-as far as what have I done with doggin since I've been here; a friend of mine lives up in VIC, took a weekend getaway last month and a few of his neighbors breed pig dogs, had the chance to check out some of his bull arabs and crosses, and evaluate their temperaments. 

Appreciate all the well wishes everyone. 

I'd really like to try and get on a few hunts with a few different dog breeds/crosses before I depart.

Looking forward to learning more from this community!

Edited by I3rendanG