G'day, super new to pig dogging. From Tassie, currently living in Alice Springs soon to be moving to FNQ. Have a bull arab/bull mastiff pup who's 5 months and super keen on everything but I'm holding him back as there isn't anything here other than camels, roos and donkeys. Have hunted rabbits, hares, roos and foxes with sighthounds (staghounds and whippets) so have a little experience with hunting with dogs. Also love a fish. Cheers.

G'day mate how is the moving from Tassie treating you? Ever get into any pigs in Tassie? I would have thought there'd be pigs in the springs. Have you got a large cal rifle? Shooting camels would be great fun.

Welcome mate. Good call on leaving him off other game as you want him just hunting pigs only. You have heaps of time to start him as he is young. Good luck in qld

Thanks mate.

G'day mate how is the moving from Tassie treating you? Ever get into any pigs in Tassie? I would have thought there'd be pigs in the springs. Have you got a large cal rifle? Shooting camels would be great fun.

I'm loving the warmer weather, escaped the Tassie winter. There are pigs around, but they're all escaped stock and get taken care of pretty darn quick. There's no reliable population for hunting really. Fallow deer hunting is cracker though down there thanks to failure of the venison industry in the 1900's. One of the guys I work with has a 30/30 and we go out for camels, donkeys and horses, it's awesome. We also have permission from all the traditional land owners to hunt aboriginal land.which gives us awesome access to 1000's of square kms to hunt