Introduction

welcome mate, you should try importing or chasing up a line that you used to use in the US. They might be worthwhile over here. A local fella here used to have "Walkabout" coonhounds that were quite reputable and came from the states.

welcome mate, you should try importing or chasing up a line that you used to use in the US. They might be worthwhile over here. A local fella here used to have "Walkabout" coonhounds that were quite reputable and came from the states.

I'll be bringing my best hound with me but unfortunately she is fixed. I'm thinking she'll make the switch to pigs pretty easy and she is silent on track which is rare as for a coonhound. Definitely looking forward to the move.

Seems to be popular opinion that I'm a "rat", so I'll add some things here. First off, yea, I know little to nothing about hunting pigs with dogs. Yea, I'm not living in Australia right now, I haven't made the move YET. And yea, I'm going to ask some newbie questions. Now that we have that out of the way, I'm genuinely here to learn. I can't guarantee I'll have a hunting partner that hunts pigs regularly when I finally do start. I don't have the luxury of asking my dad or uncle or friend down the street to take me out and show me the ropes. That's why I'm here, that's why I'm going to ask questions.

Folks that have offered me dogs, thank you. I really and truly appreciate it, but I won't be in the market for a dog for a couple years at the least. As far as dogs go I'm looking to see who is reputable, who has a line I might be interested in and whats out there.

That's all I've got to say, if you want to know more pm me.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Guest RJenkins

does that fella still have them coondogs around?