About Time To Start Dogging

G'day guys,

I am lving in Darwin and in the next 12months I would like to get a place with a backyard, and when I do I would like to get a dog.

At the moment I have 2 properties I can hunt, and it has taken me 4 years to secure them.

For the last 12months I have been hunting from a quad with my 30/30, but I went out a few times with a friend and his dogs.

His dogs just made the job so much easier and alot more exciting!

I normally use my Pathfinder to tow my quad out to the farm.

Not too sure what dog to get, but I am sure I will track down a dog to be given away because in Darwin it seems every third defence member has a dog to give away.

Looking forward to using you all for your information,

Cheers, Davo.

P.S.

I look forward to having a family dog first and a hunting companion second.

Especially after seeing a friend in Katherine, use his family pets for working pigs as well.

Cheers, Davo.

Edited by kreecha

Gday mate welcome to the site and i hope you enjoy looking around..Most pig doggers only keep dogs that are good around the house mate just talk to a few boys or girls on here and they will point you in the right direction and give you as many hints as they can...cheers ben

Welcome to the site mate ive got some pups for sale atm there are plenty of other pups for sale on here i think you would be better of training a pup if you got the time somtimes gettting give away dogs can be trouble ive been there done that .anyway happy hunting and enjoy the site .

Hey mate welcome to the site! I'm going with a pup to train along with my gsp. If you buy a adult working dog make sure you get a dog you know already or off a mate. Sometimes older dogs can be trouble I know first hand.

Cheers and happy hunting

Chally