Newbie From The Burra

Hi all,

New to the site and just wanting to say g-day. I'm from down maryborough qld pretty new to hunting with dogs. I've only ever hunted before with my bow from a young age of 5. Still don't have my own dog yet still thinking about what to get. So anyway hi all and what a great site so far can't see alot yet but i will get there haha

you say u have no dogs? and your in the market for a dog or dogs... just a few tips... stay away from people called mike hodgens or matt klemments... then think of what dog will suit your needs...ask lots of questions and gather info...only way...

terry

you say u have no dogs? and your in the market for a dog or dogs... just a few tips... stay away from people called mike hodgens or matt klemments... then think of what dog will suit your needs...ask lots of questions and gather info...only way...

terry

Thanks alot for your imput mate, I have 3 dog at the moment but they are bird dogs 2labs and 1gsp but my 10 month old gsp would make a great little hunter I recon but one problem the WIFE! She treats them like kids haha

You say Matt klement, I did make contact with him but the other day and he charges a huge amount for a dog that you can't see and won't let u see work first! 2000+ You wouldn't mind paying the money if you got what he said you got. I paid alot for both my choc lab 1400 and my gsp 1100 but got to meet the owers and watch both mum and dad dog work bird trainers.

I know bird hunting doesn't have alot to do with pigging but you can tell alot from the owners and the dog first hand. Going off a phone call or email dose not cut it with me anyway.

I like the bull Arab so far as I like that it has a little gsp in. I know gsps very well they are a top breed of dog for hunting. I still have ways to go I know but I'm not rushing into anything yet. I'm very fussy with my dogs and I'm going to make sure I get a little beauty!