hey all just new to this forum, we have just adopted a stag hound and been trying to do abit of research in to the breed and this has been the only site to have the most info on the working breed (thanks)!!!!, coming from pommy land, I have been brought up with Gun Dogs, lurchers and greyhounds and all have worked, or been worked for fun, anyway our dog Walter is great, a six year old that has been denackered and not quite as playfull as we would like if you know what i mean. Only interested in cats, small dogs and the odd bird, I was wondering if there are any breeders in perth as we would like to get him a wee mate to play with and maybe train up to be abit bit more adventurous.

Many thanks Gav

Welcome Gavin- there are quite a few staghound breeders in Perth. Not many advertise in the papers though.

What were you after exactly? There are a few litters due soon but they go quick.

If you make 2 posts you will see the rest of the forum.

Join in the sighthound section there are a few of us from WA

Cant go wrong with a staghound, but im a bit Biased lol some of my gundogs lines are imported from Pommieland :)

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Gavin- there are quite a few staghound breeders in Perth. Not many advertise in the papers though.

What were you after exactly? There are a few litters due soon but they go quick.

If you make 2 posts you will see the rest of the forum.

Join in the sighthound section there are a few of us from WA

Sorry been away for a few weeks up north with out the interweb, thanks for the info. Im after pref a Bitch so there is less fighting between the two of them and a stag or a stag x a large sight hound as we have a wee fella and another one on the way. kid's being kid's they test the dogs patients and they are just big gentle beasts when not out coursing.

Cheers Gav

• 2 weeks later...
Guest drews stags

Sorry been away for a few weeks up north with out the interweb, thanks for the info. Im after pref a Bitch so there is less fighting between the two of them and a stag or a stag x a large sight hound as we have a wee fella and another one on the way. kid's being kid's they test the dogs patients and they are just big gentle beasts when not out coursing.

Cheers Gav

hi gav

i have had stags all my life as did my father. i dont have any at the moment but am looking to get another soon. i have an 18 month old daughter and would trust a stag around her more then any other dog. you will find that they are normally excellent with other dogs and over the 20 years i had them i never had trouble introducing other dogs to my pack (male or female). im sure you will find them great dogs as i have. good luck drew