Heading Up Qld Way Soon

All land is owned by someone. Either private or government. There's no free for all hunting places in Australia. How much are you looking at paying to go to a pay property? Aren't they only about $50 a night? If that's too much, the vet bills in this game will make you faint. Save up a bit more coin or get to know some private landholders.

Cheers.

mate you cant just expect that to happn.

as u have been advised be4 you need to stock proof ur dogs and ring farmers or knock on doors.

your young and keen and thats great but you need to approch people and get some land of your own.

when you have ur dogs under control people will help u out , thats 4 sure.

i would take u out if ur dogs were stock proof. 1st things 1st get that sorted.

call in on some of you local farmers and talk to them, one peice of advice dont bullshit to them or you will get nowear.

huntn is not as simlpe as grabbn a dog and headn into the bush.

if you do things the rite way u will have alot of fun and meet some awesome people.

do the ground work first.

cheers

waterboy

:mistick_beer:

peter,

just about everyone of your posts is requesting land.

You aren't going to get many people handing over their hard earned permission to you because you've added a few posts on some website. you need to sit back and learn for a while, get to know a few members, go and introduce yourself to a few property owners and tell them what you can offer them, let them know what you can do to help them, perhaps a day of work?

you mentioned that you have a couple of dogs but they aren't stock proof and you are getting one that is. you will, in time, learn that your dogs are only as stock proof as the least stock proof dog in your pack.

if you are asking a property owner to let you run your dogs on their land, you are asking them to risk their livelihood with potentially little benefit for them. sort of like asking an accountant if you can come and play on his computers, why would he let you? what is the benefit to him? moreover, what are the risks?

the best bet is to ask a mate who does some hunting if you can tag a long for a hunt, perhaps start by leaving your mutts at home so you can see what to do. then, train your dogs to be obedient AND stock proof.

Good luck!

All land is owned by someone. Either private or government. There's no free for all hunting places in Australia. How much are you looking at paying to go to a pay property? Aren't they only about $50 a night? If that's too much, the vet bills in this game will make you faint. Save up a bit more coin or get to know some private landholders.

Cheers.

well they want 60 to 70 a night / day down here that cheap up there

well they want 60 to 70 a night / day down here that cheap up there

Still cheap I reckon. There's no short cuts in this game. It all costs one way or another. If you want to get ahead reread a few of the ealrier posts. That's all good advice.

Cheers.

mate sounds like you want every thing to easy if your serious bout hunting pigs with your dogs it is a pretty expansive hobby.when i first started going when i was 18 i went to heaps of those pay farms an payed up to $ 70 a night just to get my dogs going, now 6- 7 years later i've got access to 4 private properties round nsw....nothing comes easy mate...cheers

mate sounds like you want every thing to easy if your serious bout hunting pigs with your dogs it is a pretty expansive hobby.when i first started going when i was 18 i went to heaps of those pay farms an payed up to $ 70 a night just to get my dogs going, now 6- 7 years later i've got access to 4 private properties round nsw....nothing comes easy mate...cheers

well im form near young nsw bimbi you all give good hints i pay to hunt first than might see if i can get a trag along with someone on the site see how it go form there dose anyone whats the best beastplates are if so can plz email me thank for ya help

`.i wouldnt go to cock and bull into it thats a big mistake i made now i have a 20 month old dog in the back yard wich i will probably find a new hunting home for because he is going to waiste ya probably should have waited till ya had some 1 to tag along with first before getting ur dogs

mate to be honest with your sort of attitude i dont think anyone will be real keen on taking you anywhere. good that you ask questions but take the advise given to and do something about it you joined weeks ago and still asking the same questions. find a local hunter ask to tag along dont just think because you have a dog you can go anywhere and catch some pigs, remarks like is there a road you can go down to catch some is stupid it is ILLEGAL as you were told before. so the way i see it you have 2 options wake up a bit and take it seriously or dont bother at all.

mate to be honest with your sort of attitude i dont think anyone will be real keen on taking you anywhere. good that you ask questions but take the advise given to and do something about it you joined weeks ago and still asking the same questions. find a local hunter ask to tag along dont just think because you have a dog you can go anywhere and catch some pigs, remarks like is there a road you can go down to catch some is stupid it is ILLEGAL as you were told before. so the way i see it you have 2 options wake up a bit and take it seriously or dont bother at all.

well said

oh so very true, the hard yards must be done, take the advice from above try and get out with a local pigger first, I personally spent 2 years offsiding for a pro roo shooter using his dogs with him, there is a heap you can learn from someone already in the game, just go talk to the property owners around your area

dose anyone know any camping site/lake that you can do hunting on with out be on land that got stock or maybe evening back roads just somewher i could let the dog get a pig and see how they go on one if they any good or not before i pay for land to hunt

you wont have a dog if the farmer sees you hunting the back roads

very true that fletch.. im only 19, i started taggin along witha few mates when i was 17 and only decided to buy a dog 8 months ago,i mite not know everything about the sport but enough for fellow hunters to hit me up for a hunt, ur best bet would be to get rid of ur dogs until you understand the basic's then youll know when the times right, well thats how i look at it anyways, could be wrong but aww well you get that.

cheers scotty