New To Emerald

Guest slug83

Guest slug83

hi everyone, my name is Adam and i have just moved to Emerald in central Qld. I love hunting pigs with either dog or rifle, i look forward to finding a property to hunt on in the Emerald area, if any one could help me out in finding a place or know of anyone that would give me a go i would really appreciate any help i could get, as most of my hunting has been around the cunnamulla st george area, and i am yet to get to know anyone in Emerald. i look forward to reading up on other peoples ideas and trying to improve my hunting with the help of this website thanks.

Welcome to the site! :) im from blackwater, not far from emerald

hey bud just moved from emerald an i tell ya mate its a good town, love the place .

but as far as the pig hunting goes its a hard place to get em ... dont get me wrong they are around but youve realy got to work for them....

see we had heaps of rain at the start of the year the spill way at the fairbairn dam was a meter over the wall for 2months an trickeld for a further 3 weeks ..

the grass was SUPER high an thick all last year on the block that i had (wich now has a difrent manager)an out of the 18 months that i hunted it i cought more poachers than i did pigs....

so i cant realy help you out with a block to hunt but i can give few tips , when on the ask for a place to hunt forget about waiting to meet some one in town it will never happen , an most of em are full of shit ...

get out an door knock..... try round the back of the dam find a small town called GINDI an take a drive round there . there s afew getting round alfa an cappella all so an go a bit further up around belyando ....

emerald is no cape york but saying that your closer to alot of good spots than most people...

paitence is the best thing to have in your hunting kit .....

now there is as many hunters in town as there is water corses (thank sunwater for that)

so the local propertys get hammered by people asking to hunt so be polite an offer somthing that no one els has an you mite go allright ....

goodluck

FT