Hey,just Another Newbie To The Site.

Hey all.

Name is scott, 24, live in townsville, but shall be moving to blackwater soon.

Havent done any piggin as of yet, as the city life is mainly all ive been exposed to. minus a few campin trips here and there.

Have just purchased myself a 2001 patrol ute and am lookin into dog breeds at the moment as i would like to get into piggin and the full outdoors life.

Anyone know if there is many 'hot' spots around the blackwater area that are good for pigs?

And also, do you all make your ute dog cages or do you buy, if so where from?

I shall be watchin forum very closely,already written down a few training tips and some of your camp recipes so yeah..lovin it!

Long live the dog!

Cheers,

Scott.

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your time here. I don't know the blackwater area very well but there are a few members from there on here so you might get lucky and meet someone who will take you for a run. Wait until you get there and if you find somewhere to hunt then look at a local dog to buy, just see what other hunters have success with in that area. Martin of the site (look in the doggers supply section) makes racks, dog cages etc and his workmanship is excellent by all reports. Good luck :peace:

Ah right, that would good.

Cheers, i shall have a look into that. :)

hey welcome to the site about dog cages or crates alot of people make there own, every one has that mate that is handy with a welder, just sit around discuss what you want and you will have it built with in a weekend. i no of someone that would do a cash job that lives in cairns if your half interested let me no and ill pass on his number...

cheers

calum

hey welcome to the site about dog cages or crates alot of people make there own, every one has that mate that is handy with a welder, just sit around discuss what you want and you will have it built with in a weekend. i no of someone that would do a cash job that lives in cairns if your half interested let me no and ill pass on his number...

cheers

calum

I was concidering havin a go at makin one myself,cause then could add the little bits i want. but yeah ill have a look around abit first and then yeah.. Martin seems to do some impressive stuff.

hey mate welcome im new to and youve come to the right forum these guys are awsome and will give you good advice and help ya out heaps, :peace:

haha i reckon, spent 2 and a half days almost straight on this site readin up on dog breeds and training tips and hunting stuff and all that jazz...im very impressed.

The one thing i cant find though...how do you transport all your catches back home, surely cant drive into a town with pigs hangin off the side of cage or layin in the tray of the ute. or do you? haha:|

I was concidering havin a go at makin one myself,cause then could add the little bits i want. but yeah ill have a look around abit first and then yeah.. Martin seems to do some impressive stuff.

haha i reckon, spent 2 and a half days almost straight on this site readin up on dog breeds and training tips and hunting stuff and all that jazz...im very impressed.

The one thing i cant find though...how do you transport all your catches back home, surely cant drive into a town with pigs hangin off the side of cage or layin in the tray of the ute. or do you? haha:|

Blokes who box them have racks with bars and spikes inside their crates. Some of the fellas who don't box them also have a similar setup as they often dress them out for dog tucker. You could make a small rack behind your dog box or get one made.

post-1196-1234003698_thumb.jpg The dog box is in front of these. Didn't sell these ones otherwise you can't have them sitting on the spare tyres without covers on them.

Blokes who box them have racks with bars and spikes inside their crates. Some of the fellas who don't box them also have a similar setup as they often dress them out for dog tucker. You could make a small rack behind your dog box or get one made.

post-1196-1234003698_thumb.jpg The dog box is in front of these. Didn't sell these ones otherwise you can't have them sitting on the spare tyres without covers on them.

Ah i see...and you just put like a tarp around the hole setup to keep hiddin? I guess once i get out there and into it ill see a fair bit of the prep side of stuff from others and shall be sorted.

Ah i see...and you just put like a tarp around the hole setup to keep hiddin? I guess once i get out there and into it ill see a fair bit of the prep side of stuff from others and shall be sorted.

Once you see a few racks you will get an idea. Should be no shortage of utes set up at Blackwater to have a look at. Bit hard to explain over the computer :D You'll work it out in no time.

Once you see a few racks you will get an idea. Should be no shortage of utes set up at Blackwater to have a look at. Bit hard to explain over the computer :D You'll work it out in no time.

hahah yeah appreciate the help but. Will def have to get out and annoy a few guys with millions of questions haha. :)

welcome scott, im only a couple of hours away from blackwater

cheers sticks.. cool cool, will have to get in touch with ya once i am finally down there.

Did you get an apprentiship there mate im a 3rd yer fitter at moura mine, give me a pm wen ya move down

Oh your near moura eh...cool cool. My gf lives in Biloela, im too and from there a fair bit.

And nah her dad works at curragh mine in blackwater and family has moved out there, so im heading there too, just trying for an operators role or something,but with all the mine cuts lately not lookin real good, ahah.

Her brother is a diesel fitter at callide.

Hey all.

Name is scott, 24, live in townsville, but shall be moving to blackwater soon.

Havent done any piggin as of yet, as the city life is mainly all ive been exposed to. minus a few campin trips here and there.

Have just purchased myself a 2001 patrol ute and am lookin into dog breeds at the moment as i would like to get into piggin and the full outdoors life.

Anyone know if there is many 'hot' spots around the blackwater area that are good for pigs?

And also, do you all make your ute dog cages or do you buy, if so where from?

I shall be watchin forum very closely,already written down a few training tips and some of your camp recipes so yeah..lovin it!

Long live the dog!

Cheers,

Scott.

hey welcome i havent been on for long but welcome :rolleyes: