Breeds Identification ?

HELLO, EVERYONE, i AM NEW HERE, MY NAME IS MISSIE. i WAS HOPING , WITH YOUR KNOWLEDE OF PIG DOGS, THAT SOMEBODY WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH HERE, TO MAY BE ABLE ,TO TELL ME WHAT BREEDS OF DOG, MY DOG IS. HE IS EXTREMELY AGILE AND ATHLETIC,HE

IS EXTREMLEY FAST AND LEAN, AND MUSCULAR. HE IS COMPLETELY BRINDLE IN COLOUR, IS DEVELOPING WATCH DOG TENDENCIES. AND HE LIKES TO CHASE SMALL ANIMALS AND GETS A BIT AGRESSIVE TOO, EG HACKLES COME UP AND HE WILL TAKE OFF FULL GALLOP AFTER A BIRD , POSSUM WITH GREAT SPEED ETC, HOWEVER, HE IS ABLE TO 'HUMP' HIS BACK AND GET HIS LONG LEGS UNDER HIM AND DO A COMPLETE 'TURN AROUND!" HE IS APROX 1 YEAR OLD, AND HAS PROBABLY REACHED PHYSICAL MATURITY? HE IS VERY INTELLIGENT, AND LEARNS VERY QUICKLY, HE IS NOW OBEDIENT AND VERY LOYAL, HE LIKES TO STAY CLOSE , HE STANDS AROUND 23 INCHES TALL FROM THE TOP OF THE SHOULDER TO THE GROUND AND PRESENTLY WEIGHS 22 KILOS.

I GOT HIM FROM THE RSPCA, SO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PAST OR BREEDING EXCEPT THAT HE WAS STRAY ON THE STREET. HIS TAIL IS ALSO MISSING?

IF ANY BODY HAS ANY IDEAS, IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICS.

THANKS!

post-2910-1228866305_thumb.jpg

post-2910-1228866476_thumb.jpg

Lol @ Crazy ya sheet stirrer!!

You'll never be sure what your dog is, no particular breed is standing out. 23 " and 22 kg is only a small dog although he looks alot bigger in the pics.

Mate has one that looks similar but bigger and its got alot in it: kelpie, rottie, bluey, bully and shepherd

Is his tail missing or is he a bobtail? could have stumpy tail in him or similar. His legs have a solid look to them and he will fill out more when he matures, smaller breeds- staff,stumpy tail, or kelpie x's?? Has a bit 'boxerish' look to him slightly?

thanks , all of you so much, for your ideas and opinions on my dog Dash. He is actually much leaner and leggier than the photos suggest, and I don't know if his tail has been "docked" or what?

Junior hounddog, I thought maybe there was a bit of greyhound or whippet because of his speed? And crazy, he isnt as heavy , as a bull arab? I think his colour might suggest some staffy, but his face is "longish", what do you guys think??

Have posted some more pics. My bro lives in NZ and used to hunt pigs, and deer. He has always had bull terriors. He thinks, from the pics I sent him that he is bullyXwhippet, and that in NZ they actually breed them as hunting dogs??

Thanks heaps! Look forward to hearing back,

cheers!

Missie6

post-2910-1229150634_thumb.jpg

post-2910-1229151052_thumb.jpg

I reckon it could be a boxer x greyhound..cause the boxer could give it the bob tail and longer face of the grey...he looks bob tail more than docked cause docked tail are usually more rounded at the end, bob tail looks more like a minature tail lol...so if its bob tail its probs got boxer, rottie, stumpy cattle type breed in it...jus my opinion tho, im not a pighunter (YET!)so a few of the blokes on here probs get sick of me :mellow: but i have worked with alot of dfferent type of dogs as a dog handler at shows and protecion dogs.. but i am probably wrong cause i usually am haha...

Cheers, goose ;)

Edited by goose123man
HELLO, EVERYONE, i AM NEW HERE, MY NAME IS MISSIE. i WAS HOPING , WITH YOUR KNOWLEDE OF PIG DOGS, THAT SOMEBODY WOULD BE KIND ENOUGH HERE, TO MAY BE ABLE ,TO TELL ME WHAT BREEDS OF DOG, MY DOG IS. HE IS EXTREMELY AGILE AND ATHLETIC,HE

IS EXTREMLEY FAST AND LEAN, AND MUSCULAR. HE IS COMPLETELY BRINDLE IN COLOUR, IS DEVELOPING WATCH DOG TENDENCIES. AND HE LIKES TO CHASE SMALL ANIMALS AND GETS A BIT AGRESSIVE TOO, EG HACKLES COME UP AND HE WILL TAKE OFF FULL GALLOP AFTER A BIRD , POSSUM WITH GREAT SPEED ETC, HOWEVER, HE IS ABLE TO 'HUMP' HIS BACK AND GET HIS LONG LEGS UNDER HIM AND DO A COMPLETE 'TURN AROUND!" HE IS APROX 1 YEAR OLD, AND HAS PROBABLY REACHED PHYSICAL MATURITY? HE IS VERY INTELLIGENT, AND LEARNS VERY QUICKLY, HE IS NOW OBEDIENT AND VERY LOYAL, HE LIKES TO STAY CLOSE , HE STANDS AROUND 23 INCHES TALL FROM THE TOP OF THE SHOULDER TO THE GROUND AND PRESENTLY WEIGHS 22 KILOS.

I GOT HIM FROM THE RSPCA, SO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PAST OR BREEDING EXCEPT THAT HE WAS STRAY ON THE STREET. HIS TAIL IS ALSO MISSING?

IF ANY BODY HAS ANY IDEAS, IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICS.

THANKS!

id say there is pointer in there, grey hound and rotty. some guard dog breeders doc the tail of there pups which may explain it other wise there could be many reasons for it

cheers