Hi There

G'day Becky,

I'm over in the jungles of Laos at work, well sought of at work, as stuffing about on the computer at 2:15 in the morning really isn't working, but anyway it helps with getting through the lonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg night shifts. Anyway welcome to the site.

G'day Becky,

I'm over in the jungles of Laos at work, well sought of at work, as stuffing about on the computer at 2:15 in the morning really isn't working, but anyway it helps with getting through the lonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg night shifts. Anyway welcome to the site.

Wow porkhunt that sounds interesting, do u go hunting in Laos at all???

Wow porkhunt that sounds interesting, do u go hunting in Laos at all???

Yep it's all fairly interesting, but no sorry, no hunting tales to tell from south east asia. However as it's wet season here at the moment and we are driving to the mine site from a town in Thailand called Nukhon Phanom we head from there to the Thai / Laos border crossing at Mukdahan about a 2hr drive, once you enter the country of Laos things start to slow down a fair bit, as it is still a fairly undeveloped country, it's about a 4hr drive from the Laos border to the mine were i work, and you pass thru about 50 towns and villages of different sizes on the way. Apart from all the village life, you come across many buffalos, cows, goats and plenty of pigs, though i don't think their would be a lot of sport in hunting the swine you see around these parts as most of them cruise around the villages like they own the place. it's really strange to see a couple of village kids wandering around the country side with a couple of dogs and a pig in tow, all getting around like best mates. Makes me grin every time. Alot of the villagers grow little vegie patches near there huts, they always have fairly strong looking bamboo fences around them obviously to keep the pigs out of the prized crop. Last time i went to the nieghbouring village on a shopping trip to buy an umbrella (yes very manly) i was at the local market which is an eye opener on its own, walking amongst the stalls knocking things over and causing all sorts of commotion was a boar of atleast 100kg, he was casually looking about trying to sniff out a bit of prime produce for himself as well, he was followed by a couple of old Lao ladies, who were smackin him about with there straw brooms trying to shew him off, however i don't think the big stinker was to concerned............................... hahaha