Lookin For A Roo Dog

Hi All, First day on this site. Was pretty impressed to see so many people talkin about roo dogs/running dogs. I had a WHxSH and lost him a couple of months ago. Still sad. Somewhere down the track I want to get another one (or two) but would like to get one as close to how this one looks as possible. He was greyhound shaped with long wiry coat. Will post a better photo than the profile one. If you know of anyone can you let me know on here. Cheers

Welcome to the forum.

Do you mean WHxDH? As in wolfhound deerhound? Most blokes here probably wouldn't call that a roodog, with roodogs being a similar type but usually smooth coated. Some might call it a staghound, but the most common usage of staghound is for a greyhound crossed with usually a deerhound, but greyXwolfhound as well, or the result of breeding those types over generations. Not a strict rule, but that's what seems common usage. 

There is a sub-forum here dedicated to the running dogs as you've probably seen (to comment there you might need to post another comment here first). The Vic guys often breed dogs similar to what you are after, or know of people not on the forums who have pups/dogs, but its not a constant thing, so you might have to wait a few months to get what you are after. 

And my guess is SH is staghound

lol yeah probably is, dunno why I didn't make that connection. Just saw SH and thought for a second what he could mean, then saw D is next to S on keyboard so assumed a typo. Just never really see staghounds called SH, usually 'stag', whereas DH and WH are often used.