New Around Rockhampton

• 2 weeks later...

G'day mate,

We're from Rocky too, but are new to hunting. Couple of good spots I can suggest are Byfield State Forest or the Stanage Bay Road. I had a fella come into work today and show me a pic of a nice sow he caught up at Byfield over the weekend.

We have a 12 month old 35 kg mastiff x bitch that we would like to start. Let us know if you would be interested in heading out one weekend, or even just catching up for a drink.

Cheers,

Mik and Lissa

Poaching at either place.

Stanage Bay Rd would be baiting this time of year - 1/2 the road does it. On the other side you have the army country. They do live fire there so who knows whats laying about.

I wouldnt be suggesting running the roads up there - you might come back to find your vehicle has miraculously got 4 flat tyres or there is a cup of sugar in your fuel tank - worse still if your caught on one of the places along there you may have some shots fired at you.

Good luck with your search.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would i give you any country to hunt?

Still have plenty of mates down there and look after them.

So your not poaching byfield then?? As that what the first post says.. then you just admitted it was you??

Do you go on the japs /resorts place as well?

Hey ripsnorta he wouldnt want to go near the resort or ill catch him and he will be proscuted for trespassing the police are all over it just need photo and hes gone.

Let's start agsin mate. The area you mentioned is full of poachers and the way your post reads (and the subsequent ones) you oould be seen as a bloke who sees vacant land and thinks it's OK top hunt there. Just pull your head in a bit, let blokes get to know who you are and things might go a bit better. When people talk about areas having pigs it can sound like they don't have permission...

And Ripsnorta has more than a little bit of influence on who is on the site and who is not so a little respect goes a long way.

With respect, how old are you and how long have you been hunting under your own steam?

Mate why u keep carrying on!? How old and am and how long iv been huntin has nothing to do with it... I dnt poach... I clearly stated that I just moved here and would love somewhere to hunt... I used to hunt cane farms back where I used to live and never even considered hunting on property that I didn't have permission for... So let's drop this poaching crap... The previous comments are rattling on about places that I have no clue wat or where they are... So if u wud actually talk properly and fill me in and don't assume I'm a poacher that wud b great.. Thanks.

Mate why u keep carrying on!? How old and am and how long iv been huntin has nothing to do with it... I dnt poach... I clearly stated that I just moved here and would love somewhere to hunt... I used to hunt cane farms back where I used to live and never even considered hunting on property that I didn't have permission for... So let's drop this poaching crap... The previous comments are rattling on about places that I have no clue wat or where they are... So if u wud actually talk properly and fill me in and don't assume I'm a poacher that wud b great.. Thanks.

First time I've spoken to you mate. I have spoken properly, if you can't read, it's nothing to do with me. Tried to help you, now I'm gone.

Cheers.

And I appreciate the help mate... But it's not helping me when I have no idea wats goin on... I don't wanna no who does this and u cant do this can't do that... I just wanna no if anyone can tell me where tp hunt... That's it! It never needed to go on like this at all...

I dont think anyone on here is going to tell you where you can hunt as they have their own blocks and probably worked hard to get them, including myself. Get out and about rocky and door knock and ask for permission, i think that is your only hope or ask people you work with or you may get to know if they are off the land. if you hunt byfield then as far as my knowledge goes, that would be classified as poaching as it consists of national park and forestry. I could be wrong, just saying what ive read and heard.

Mate your acting like a pork chop. U really think people are just gonna tell you where to hunt when u speak to people like that? try going and asking farmers for permision instead of spraying the people who manage this site for trying to give u a bit of constructive criticism. But u should drop the attitude before u do.