Hi From Wa

Guest Ferretlady

Guest Ferretlady

Hi There Ozzie doggers members.

My names Megan, so hi & nice to meet everyone! Im your average country woman from the middle of nowhere (quite literally) who has an interest in hunting with animals. I havent yet hunted with a dog but i have hunted with ferrets and hawks for a number of years.

I would love to learn more about hunting with dogs as we are looking at adding one to our team of hunting animals. We are looking for a dog that would suit hunting a variety of game but first my partner and i need to learn about training a dog up to its full hunting potential so that we dont find a good dog and stuff it up!

My partner also has a strong interest in hunting and may post on my account occasionally. He grew up in the city but since introducing him to firearms he has developed a passion for hunting smaller game which will probably grow and progress onto larger game in the future. He also has a strong interest in using our animal counterparts as hunting team members.

Would love to learn lots on this site!

welcome megan and partner glad to hear you guys are looking to learn whats involved in training a pup/dogs first. i love the sound of hunting with hawks i would expect that it would be a long time training them to return wouldn't it. would be very interested in hearing some more about it sometime

cheers dan