Hello From England

Hello to all.

I have come onto this site as I am a great running dog enthusiast.

I have kept lurchers,pure sight hounds and various terriers, I wrote a book back in 1990 (The Working Bedlington).Obviously I have therefore worked this breed but also Staffords,Glen of Imaal,Manchester Terrier,Lakeland and Jack Russell. My running dogs have been predominatly Bedlington blooded Lurchers, but I have worked pure Greyhounds and Whippets, the current dog is a Whippet pup.I also keep and work ferrets, shoot and fished in the past.

I visited Australia 2 years ago with my girlfriend Caroline who has relatives on both the west and east coasts of Oz, I was only too aware of the hunting pig culture you guys have out there.Maybe one day I will get back there to try it myself.

I have judged both working terriers and running dogs in England and regularly write in countrysports publications.Feel free to ask questions and if I can answer them I will be happy to do so.

Friends of mine keep Lurchers with Bull breeding in them, I am sure you Australian dog men would approve.

See more about me on my website www.redhunta.webs.com

I look forward to replies.

Its a small world isn't it!! I was only too aware of this when we circumnavigated 2years ago.

Yes, still write in Countrymans Weekly, had a Whippet article published last week in fact and just sent one on Sporting Lucas Terriers to them.

As I said any questions just ask.

Not many flies about today guys its thick fog and hovering around freezing, out with the 12 bore later, want some pheasants for Christmas. ATB John.

Post up your storeies mate will be a great read I'm especially keen on the Whip articles

I have a black whippet dog called "Jude",he is but 5 months old, already he has nailed a baby rabbit,had two with myxi one in daylight other on beam, retrieved a red leg partridge from out of a holly hedge, and picked up a woodpigeon that had been winged, non the less he had em and that will do me, well pleased with the pup, will put up some pics if possible.