Hello All, New Member

Hi everyone, been keen on getting a roo dog for a while now and seeing we are suddenly dogless,too long a story,there's no time like the present to look into it a bit further so i can gather info, and find out if they are a dual purpose dog, as in work and family, 'cos the first hurdle is to convince my missus it won't eat our kid, uno what i mean fellas? Infact my wifes sister was bitten by a roo dog their uncle owned,well, one of a few i'm told although my wife reckons it was her sisters fault and not the dogs, she doesn't have a problem with them really but we'd both like to hear from owners who work their dogs and also have them as a family pet when at home. We live on Eyre Penninsula SA, plenty of game nearby and know plenty of farmers with huge farms. Freinds of freinds breed 'em somewhere round here so iy shouldn't be a drama to locate a pup. Any feedback much appreciated. Jimbo.

Hi everyone, been keen on getting a roo dog for a while now and seeing we are suddenly dogless,too long a story,there's no time like the present to look into it a bit further so i can gather info, and find out if they are a dual purpose dog, as in work and family, 'cos the first hurdle is to convince my missus it won't eat our kid, uno what i mean fellas? Infact my wifes sister was bitten by a roo dog their uncle owned,well, one of a few i'm told although my wife reckons it was her sisters fault and not the dogs, she doesn't have a problem with them really but we'd both like to hear from owners who work their dogs and also have them as a family pet when at home. We live on Eyre Penninsula SA, plenty of game nearby and know plenty of farmers with huge farms. Freinds of freinds breed 'em somewhere round here so iy shouldn't be a drama to locate a pup. Any feedback much appreciated. Jimbo.

welcome mate ... got three working dogs an have 2 kids .. just gota make sure that you dont leave them together unsupervised ... my dogs are friendly an im sure that my kids are safe around them , but i can never be to carefull so its my choice to be around while the dogs are near the kids ...

saying that when there friends play over i put the dogs in another part of the yard so they cant get to each other ...

betere to be over protective then complacent ...

FT

welcome mate ... got three working dogs an have 2 kids .. just gota make sure that you dont leave them together unsupervised ... my dogs are friendly an im sure that my kids are safe around them , but i can never be to carefull so its my choice to be around while the dogs are near the kids ...

saying that when there friends play over i put the dogs in another part of the yard so they cant get to each other ...

betere to be over protective then complacent ...

FT

Thanks for the welcome fellas! Yeah, i thought that'd be the case FT. I guess it's the done thing with any hunting dog. I owned a dingo bitch for a little over ten years, (or did she own me!), and I wouldn't leave her around kid's unsupervised either!! Are they just like any other breed of dog when it comes to obediance training? Are they generally loyal and protective of family? Do they make good guard dogs?

Not that many people would bother entering a yard with a 4ft dog on the lawn i s'pose, but will they let ya know when something's happening? Cheers Jimbo.